This is the post for the week of July 17, 2017.
Thanks for your patience last week while I was at the Council of Writing Program Administrators Conference in Knoxville. I caught up on all the missing posts Saturday afternoon. If the info in those posts makes you want to change your proposal significantly, please use the Grace Period to give yourself a little extra time.
This week you will move on to writing your Genre Analysis Report, which is due by 11:59PM on Tuesday, August 8, 2017. After your work this week, you will write a Progrress Report that tells me about your project. Your Progress Report is due by 11:59PM on Monday, July 31.
Readings for This Week
- Genre Analysis Report Assignment
- Genre Analysis Examples
- Progress Report Assignment
- From Technical Writing by Hamlin, Rubio, and DeSilva
- From Style for Students Online: Effective Technical Writing in the Information Age by Schall
Tasks for This Week
- By 11:59 PM on Monday, July 24, submit your Short Report Proposal in Canvas. The grace period ends at 11:59 PM on Thursday, July 27.
- Make 2 replies in the Discussing Example Genre Analysis Reports, following the instructions that you find in the post. Your responses are due Friday, July 28 by 11:59 PM. Grace period ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, July 31.
- Share a draft of your Progress Report in the Feedback on Progress Reports on Canvas by 11:59 PM on Friday, July 28.
- In your message, ask your group to look at anything you are trying to improve. Let them know the kind of advice you need.
- By noon on Monday, July 24, provide feedback to your group members, using the strategies in the Peer Review Commenting Strategies video.
- Post your Progress Report in Canvas by 11:59PM on Monday, July 31. The grace period ends at 11:59PM on Thursday, August 3.
- By 11:59PM on Friday, July 28, write your 07/28 Labor Log in Canvas. Specific questions for your log are included in Canvas. The grace period for your log entry ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, July 31.
Photo Credit: Progress Report by Forest Hill Society on Flickr, used under a CC-BY license.